Saturday, September 11, 2010

Je suis arrivée!

Bonsoir! Je suis arrivée à Paris!

My flight landed at Charles de Gaulle airport at 8:15 am Paris time (1:15 am back home) and the airport is beautiful! Albeit, the landing was a bit rough. But, I had Heidi there with me one row ahead!

After we landed, I took the Air France bus to Montparnasse where the hotel was. However, after the bus dropped me off I was lost for a good half hour! Just walking around the area with two huge suitcases and a giant backpack. The Parisians weren't very helpful. I'm pretty sure I looked very lost and confused, but only one man stopped to ask me if I needed help - another tourist! Thankfully though, I made it to the hotel very soon after that.

My roommate for tonight, Jenna, and I soon went to explore the 14eme arrondissement! There was a cute little market that happens every Saturday and we had crêpes there! There were other things as well - fresh fruits, vegetables, cheese, seafood, clothes, shoes, FLOWERS! Everything looked extremely delicious (or wonderful, if it was inedible).

At 3:30 pm we met up with the rest of our program to open up French bank accounts! After, we walked around the area some more, and then had dinner at about 7 pm. Did you know that French people usually have dinner around 8? By the time we were heading out, the once empty restaurant (more crêpes) was completely packed!

After dinner, we were all pretty tired, so we went back to the hotel! Hopefully tonight Jenna and I will be able to get some sleep so that when we head off to Tours tomorrow and meet our host family, we will be able to be wide awake! (dinner tonight was kind of hard, everyone was a bit on the exhausted side) Once in Tours, we will begin our two weeks of language immersion. Everyone speaks so quickly. Hopefully I can keep up!

Here are some fun pictures from today! Enjoy!
FOPs: Fresh off the Plane (see it in the background?)

 The French want to make sure you know where you are

Oscar Gnome to accompany on the bus to get lost


The river Seine from the bus! (see my arms in the picture?)

The Saturday market. Look at those pretty flowers!
Saying bye to Heidi and Hannah. Thanks for coming!

So many motorcycles. But where are the drivers?!


3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Courtney!!!! I'm super happy to hear that you made it to Paris! I bet you are going to have a fantastic time!!!! Love all the photos by the way!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG CREPES! Your hair looks super flat once you got off the plane :p maybe because you were sleeping on it. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you made it! have a good trip to tours!

    ReplyDelete